Everything DiSC Work of Leaders lays out a clear path for helping leaders at all levels make the connection between their DiSC style and leadership. Bringing together best practices from 300 experts in over 150 organizations, the important work of the most prominent scholars, and over four years of additional research and development, this all-inclusive classroom and online program approaches leadership as a one-to-many relationship (as opposed to the one-to-one relationship explored in Everything DiSC Management). And with one unified model of leadership—vision, alignment, and execution—it focuses on helping leaders understand their own leadership styles and how their tendencies influence their effectiveness in specific leadership situations.
• Five 60-90-minute modules, including fully-scripted facilitation dialogue to use with experiential learning activities and thought-provoking group discussions.
• Easily customizable. Create an end-to-end leadership development program or concentrate on specific areas. Switch out video clips. Modify the PowerPoint presentation, Leader’s Guide, and handouts. Add or delete sections to fit any timeframe.
• Engaging 17 video segments of contemporary leadership examples. Use as stand-alone clips or integrate with the facilitation PowerPoint or your custom PowerPoint presentation.
The Everything DiSC Work of Leaders Facilitation Toolkit includes:
• Leader’s Guide in MS Word (customizable)
• PowerPoint with embedded video (customizable)
• Stand-alone, menu-driven video
• Participant handouts in MS Word (customizable)
• 36 individual podcast clips including an introduction to each step of the Work of Leaders model—vision, alignment, and execution—tips for interpreting the 18 continua, and more
• Sample Everything DiSC Work of Leaders Profile
• Work of Leaders posters
• Optional Activity: Discovering DiSC
• Templates and images
• Online resources and research
Module 1: Introduction to the Work of Leaders
Explores how DiSC styles inform the role of leaders and introduces the eight priorities of the Everything DiSC Leadership Map. 60-70 minutes.
Module 2: Vision
Examines the defining elements of a vision, the behaviors associated with its three drivers—exploration, boldness, testing assumptions—and challenges learners to discover the advantages and disadvantages of their tendencies in this area. 75-90 minutes.
Module 3: Alignment
Examines the defining elements of alignment, the behaviors associated with its three drivers—clarity, dialogue, inspiration—and challenges learners to discover the advantages and disadvantages of their tendencies in this area. 80-90 minutes.
Module 4: Execution
Examines the defining elements of execution, the behaviors associated with its three drivers—momentum, structure, feedback—and challenges learners to discover the advantages and disadvantages of their tendencies in this area. 60-75 minutes.
Module 5: Action Planning
Role playing interview simulation engages learners in identifying their strengths and challenges in each of the three key areas of the Work of Leaders model and, selecting one key challenge area, crafting a complete action plan for improvement. 60-75 minutes.
Optional Activity: Everything DiSC Comparison Report
An insightful and robust 10-page research-validated report highlighting the DiSC profiles of any two individuals—even people who have taken different Everything DiSC profiles, such as a Manager and a direct report who completed Everything DiSC Workplace. Report illustrates their similarities and differences, potential roadblocks in working together, and practical tips for improving working relationships between colleagues. Sample Everything DiSC Comparison Report provided free in the Everything DiSC Work of Leaders Facilitator Toolkit.
Optional Activity: Discovering DiSC
Takes participants step-by-step through the framework of the DiSC model to help them identify their style and explore the priorities that drive them as leaders.